One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A molecule that can be bonded to other identical molecules to form a polymer.
- ‘What Blackmond realised was that it was the dimers, not the monomers, that were catalytically active, and only the heterochiral dimer was not active.’
- ‘Addition polymerization reactions use free radical monomers to produce polymers.’
- ‘Sodium polyacrylate is a polymer containing many acrylate monomers connected end-to-end in a large chain.’
- ‘The monomer, ethene or ethylene, is obtained in large quantities from the cracking of petroleum.’
- ‘It is produced through a free radical polymerization reaction of styrene monomers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.