One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hydrate containing one mole of water per mole of the compound.
- ‘With time this triple-layered phase underwent a partial transformation into a crystalline trilayer with a structure akin to that of the 3D triclinic crystal of cholesterol monohydrate.’
- ‘Creatine monohydrate took the world by storm and gave bodybuilders and athletes a legitimate way to build muscle, increase strength, and enhance performance.’
- ‘Creatine monohydrate is known to have poor bioavailability, which means not much of what you take actually makes it into your bloodstream.’
- ‘Nitrofurantoin monohydrate is another reasonable prophylactic antibiotic that may be used in children who are older than eight weeks of age.’
- ‘Most effervescent creatine products contain creatine citrate or creatine monohydrate along with bicarbonate and citric acid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.