One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dramatic piece for one performer.
- ‘His operas include several monodramas, and he has also written a considerable quantity of chamber and vocal music.’
- ‘We have a monodrama: the thoughts and recollections of Samuel Gentle, former Episcopal priest, now cathedral groundskeeper.’
- ‘Last night, Scottish Opera continued its ambitious double bill of 20th century musical drama, Bela Bartok's Duke Bluebeard's Castle and Arnold Schoenberg's challenging monodrama Erwartung.’
- ‘Underlying the creation of a new monodrama, an example ever before me is the story of a child frightened by a violent thunderstorm.’
- ‘It came as no surprise to find him addressing the subject of murder in his 30-minute monodrama about a woman who has killed her husband after long periods of violent abuse.’
- ‘It is billed as an operatic monodrama in five movements for mezzo-soprano and 10 instruments.’
- ‘The Voice is a one-act monodrama about a woman's telephone conversation with her ex-lover.’
- ‘This one-act monodrama is a disturbing and atmospheric piece, and it finds the actress making her company debut in the role of the unnamed woman waiting for her lover.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.