One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a colloid) containing particles of uniform size.
- ‘The results obtained superimpose within experimental error on those recorded at higher concentration, confirming that the protein is monodisperse under the experimental conditions tested.’
- ‘Of significant importance to pharmaceutical applications, the insulin particles formed by this process are relatively monodisperse and uniformly spherical.’
- ‘Early attempts to assess and describe the flexibility of polymeric ssDNA and RNA were hampered by the inability to obtain monodisperse samples.’
- ‘This method produces a relatively monodisperse solution of vesicles of controlled average size without the addition of organic solvents or detergents.’
- ‘This method forms a monodisperse population of spherical giant actin-containing liposomes in high yield.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.