One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a colloid) containing particles of uniform size.
- ‘Early attempts to assess and describe the flexibility of polymeric ssDNA and RNA were hampered by the inability to obtain monodisperse samples.’
- ‘The results obtained superimpose within experimental error on those recorded at higher concentration, confirming that the protein is monodisperse under the experimental conditions tested.’
- ‘Of significant importance to pharmaceutical applications, the insulin particles formed by this process are relatively monodisperse and uniformly spherical.’
- ‘This method forms a monodisperse population of spherical giant actin-containing liposomes in high yield.’
- ‘This method produces a relatively monodisperse solution of vesicles of controlled average size without the addition of organic solvents or detergents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.