One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Potamogeton pectinatus is an aquatic monocot that overwinters as small tubers in the beds of lakes and rivers where oxygen supply can be severely limited or extinguished.’
- ‘Because the blade of grass-type monocots elongate due to activity of the intercalary meristem at the blade base, the tip of the blade is more aged than the base.’
- ‘The known flora consists of 41 ferns and fern allies, 3 gymnosperms, 291 monocots, and 516 dicots.’
- ‘Conifers resemble monocots rather than dicots in leaf development.’
- ‘Such herbaceous monocots are envisaged as evolving in the relatively uniform environment of the moist tropics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.