Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An antibody produced by a single clone of cells or cell line and consisting of identical antibody molecules.
- ‘Human leukocytes are identified by monoclonal antibodies that recognize leukocyte membrane molecules.’
- ‘They have recognized another cell surface receptor by using a monoclonal antibody that they have termed IVd4.’
- ‘These soluble molecules in the blood are usually glycoproteins detected by monoclonal antibodies.’
- ‘Traditionally, most methods have used monoclonal antibodies and immunohistochemistry to identify tumour marker proteins.’
- ‘By recognizing and attaching to these proteins, monoclonal antibodies can interfere with normal or abnormal cellular responses.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.