Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Forming a clone which is derived asexually from a single individual or cell.
- ‘Additionally, a polyclonal intracerebral inflammatory response may precede the proliferation of monoclonal malignant lymphoid cells.’
- ‘Herein, we report a case of monoclonal B-cell proliferation involving lymph nodes, bone marrow, and peripheral blood in a patient with Whipple disease.’
- ‘Evaluation of the bone marrow revealed a small monoclonal population of cytoplasmic kappa light chain-restricted plasma cells in an otherwise normocellular marrow.’
- ‘Pollen analysis enables the honey producer to identify whether the honey is monoclonal or polyclonal.’
- ‘Whether polyclonal proliferations progress to monoclonal lymphomas has not been proven.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.