One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Forming a clone which is derived asexually from a single individual or cell.
- ‘Additionally, a polyclonal intracerebral inflammatory response may precede the proliferation of monoclonal malignant lymphoid cells.’
- ‘Herein, we report a case of monoclonal B-cell proliferation involving lymph nodes, bone marrow, and peripheral blood in a patient with Whipple disease.’
- ‘Evaluation of the bone marrow revealed a small monoclonal population of cytoplasmic kappa light chain-restricted plasma cells in an otherwise normocellular marrow.’
- ‘Whether polyclonal proliferations progress to monoclonal lymphomas has not been proven.’
- ‘Pollen analysis enables the honey producer to identify whether the honey is monoclonal or polyclonal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.