One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Forming a clone which is derived asexually from a single individual or cell.
- ‘Whether polyclonal proliferations progress to monoclonal lymphomas has not been proven.’
- ‘Pollen analysis enables the honey producer to identify whether the honey is monoclonal or polyclonal.’
- ‘Herein, we report a case of monoclonal B-cell proliferation involving lymph nodes, bone marrow, and peripheral blood in a patient with Whipple disease.’
- ‘Evaluation of the bone marrow revealed a small monoclonal population of cytoplasmic kappa light chain-restricted plasma cells in an otherwise normocellular marrow.’
- ‘Additionally, a polyclonal intracerebral inflammatory response may precede the proliferation of monoclonal malignant lymphoid cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.