One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or denoting a crystal system or three-dimensional geometrical arrangement having three unequal axes of which one is at right angles to the other two.
- ‘All crystals display anomalous birefringence when viewed down the c-axis, indicating that they have lower than hexagonal symmetry - probably monoclinic or triclinic.’
- ‘It is pale pink and has physical, optical, and crystallographic properties similar to those of the other monoclinic members of the amphibole group.’
- ‘Scolecite is monoclinic and typically occurs as slender prismatic crystals with a squarish cross section.’
- ‘Only 7% of the analysed specimens contain monoclinic pyrrhotite, which can contribute to the total remanent magnetization of the rocks.’
- ‘Minute, monoclinic acanthite crystals on lead-hillite and silver are reported from the Mammoth-St. Anthony mine, Pinal County.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.