One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or denoting a crystal system or three-dimensional geometrical arrangement having three unequal axes of which one is at right angles to the other two.
- ‘Only 7% of the analysed specimens contain monoclinic pyrrhotite, which can contribute to the total remanent magnetization of the rocks.’
- ‘Minute, monoclinic acanthite crystals on lead-hillite and silver are reported from the Mammoth-St. Anthony mine, Pinal County.’
- ‘Scolecite is monoclinic and typically occurs as slender prismatic crystals with a squarish cross section.’
- ‘All crystals display anomalous birefringence when viewed down the c-axis, indicating that they have lower than hexagonal symmetry - probably monoclinic or triclinic.’
- ‘It is pale pink and has physical, optical, and crystallographic properties similar to those of the other monoclinic members of the amphibole group.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.