One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device used to select radiation of (or very close to) a single wavelength or energy.
- ‘Spectra were also corrected for the wavelength-dependent efficiencies of the photomultiplier tube detector and monochromators.’
- ‘Detection was achieved using a monochromator coupled to a photomultiplier tube.’
- ‘Extensive studies have been carried out to obtain a reliable wavelength calibration of the monochromator and to assess the reproducibility of its sine drive arm.’
- ‘A narrow slit in front of the light source lets a small beam of light through to a device called a monochromator, which separates the wavelengths.’
- ‘The slit widths of the excitation and emission monochromators were set at 1 nm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.