One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pair of eyebrows that meet above the nose, giving the appearance of a single eyebrow.‘his wealth and cool outweigh his potato head and monobrow’
- ‘They also seemed weirdly ambisexual: at least one seemed to sport eye makeup and extravagantly long lower lashes; another had a monobrow along with bouncy-looking, well-brushed hair.’
- ‘Beware kids, that guy's got an inch high monobrow.’
- ‘He was unshaven, with a monobrow, red cheeks and a pale face and wore a red shirt, a fleece and dark trousers.’
- ‘But then I realised that he too had a monobrow, and was getting a bit fancy with his facial hair.’
- ‘And now hear this: Hayek, even with monobrow, is stunning.’
- ‘One of them, a large man with a monobrow, hugged me and told me how much he loved our president.’
- ‘Who knows which expletives he is muttering beneath his vast, furrowed monobrow!’
- ‘She does have a mustache and a monobrow, but the main thing is how irritatingly she begs for love.’
- ‘Infamous for his distinct monobrow, he is now visible on the left hand side of the mount, alongside his brother Spizz who always rode shot gun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.