Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a base) having one replaceable hydroxide ion.
- ‘Visudyne-PDT (based on benzoporphyrin derivative monoacid ring A [BPD-MA]) was approved by the FDA in April 2000 for the treatment of a nonmalignant disease.’
- ‘They recently studied the biodistribution of tetra (m-hydroxyphenyl) chlorin and benzoporphyrin derivative monoacid ring A in the hamster model.’
- ‘Overall drug loading was low, which indicated a greater tendency of the monoacid compound 2 to aggregate and settle out of the formulations.’
- ‘Delayed photohemolysis of bovine red blood cells were investigated in this laboratory for sodium hypericin (HY-Na) and benzoporphyrin derivative monoacid ring A.’
- ‘The photosensitizer used in this study was benzoporphyrin derivative monoacid ring ‘a’ as supplied in a lipid formulated preparation under the generic name verteporfin.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.