Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a base) having one replaceable hydroxide ion.
- ‘Delayed photohemolysis of bovine red blood cells were investigated in this laboratory for sodium hypericin (HY-Na) and benzoporphyrin derivative monoacid ring A.’
- ‘The photosensitizer used in this study was benzoporphyrin derivative monoacid ring ‘a’ as supplied in a lipid formulated preparation under the generic name verteporfin.’
- ‘Overall drug loading was low, which indicated a greater tendency of the monoacid compound 2 to aggregate and settle out of the formulations.’
- ‘Visudyne-PDT (based on benzoporphyrin derivative monoacid ring A [BPD-MA]) was approved by the FDA in April 2000 for the treatment of a nonmalignant disease.’
- ‘They recently studied the biodistribution of tetra (m-hydroxyphenyl) chlorin and benzoporphyrin derivative monoacid ring A in the hamster model.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.