One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a base) having one replaceable hydroxide ion.
- ‘Overall drug loading was low, which indicated a greater tendency of the monoacid compound 2 to aggregate and settle out of the formulations.’
- ‘They recently studied the biodistribution of tetra (m-hydroxyphenyl) chlorin and benzoporphyrin derivative monoacid ring A in the hamster model.’
- ‘Delayed photohemolysis of bovine red blood cells were investigated in this laboratory for sodium hypericin (HY-Na) and benzoporphyrin derivative monoacid ring A.’
- ‘Visudyne-PDT (based on benzoporphyrin derivative monoacid ring A [BPD-MA]) was approved by the FDA in April 2000 for the treatment of a nonmalignant disease.’
- ‘The photosensitizer used in this study was benzoporphyrin derivative monoacid ring ‘a’ as supplied in a lipid formulated preparation under the generic name verteporfin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.