Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The line-level inputs are stereo, but either could be used if connected to a mono subwoofer output from a home theatre amplifier.’
- ‘The presentation is full screen with Dolby Digital 1.0 mono audio in Japanese.’
- ‘The mono audio is flat at best, and sometimes shrill and distorted.’
- ‘The mono audio is clear and strong, with little distortion.’
- ‘The company is already selling a mono audio and voice system, which is currently being sold in the UK and in the US.’
- ‘As far as audio goes, the Dolby Digital 2.0 mono track is pleasingly energetic, distinct, and easy to discern.’
- ‘Audio is the usual Dolby Digital 1.0 mono mix given to catalog titles.’
- ‘This mix should be a reference for those who wish to remix a mono source into surround sound.’
- ‘The DVD offers two-channel mono mixes in both the original Swedish and an English dub.’
- ‘Sound is of the Dolby 2.0 mono variety and is as good as can be expected.’
- ‘Audio is presented in both Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo and the original mono mix.’
- ‘The Dolby Digital 2.0 mono audio tracks are more than suitable here and provide a clean aural presentation.’
- ‘The mono audio track is marred by a bit of hiss, but is likewise free of major flaws.’
- ‘The depth and dynamism of the mono audio track make it almost as robust as stereo, and the soundtrack is clean and free of hiss or other defects as well.’
- ‘The audio is a standard mono soundtrack, which is what these films were originally presented in.’
- ‘The midpoint between the coils is connected to the mono microphone input.’
- ‘The audio is the original mono track that has been cleaned up for this release.’
- ‘And if I used mono sound and further audio compression the file size would be even smaller yet.’
- ‘The audio is the same Dolby Digital 2.0 mono format as we heard in the previous boxed sets and, for the material at hand, it's fine.’
- ‘The disc contains Dolby Digital 2.0 mono audio tracks in each of English, Italian, and French.’
- ‘0900 hrs: Jerry becomes confused by our mono colored currency and attempts to pay for a soda with a turnpike receipt.’
- ‘It's mono, of course, and there's no backlight, but what do you expect for £77?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.