One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A man protesting against student debt has completed the stunt of rolling a monkey nut seven miles to Downing Street using only his nose.’
- ‘Overjoyed Maxine has now celebrated his safe return by giving him a slap-up meal of monkey nuts, sunflower seeds and raw sprouts.’
- ‘Also known as groundnuts or monkey nuts, peanuts are actually legumes.’
- ‘Known as ground nuts, monkey nuts and goobers, peanuts are native to South America, where they have been cultivated for at least 3,500 years.’
- ‘Free monkey nuts were on the menu, but had to be abandoned when gulls laid siege to the pub.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.