One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Known as ground nuts, monkey nuts and goobers, peanuts are native to South America, where they have been cultivated for at least 3,500 years.’
- ‘A man protesting against student debt has completed the stunt of rolling a monkey nut seven miles to Downing Street using only his nose.’
- ‘Free monkey nuts were on the menu, but had to be abandoned when gulls laid siege to the pub.’
- ‘Overjoyed Maxine has now celebrated his safe return by giving him a slap-up meal of monkey nuts, sunflower seeds and raw sprouts.’
- ‘Also known as groundnuts or monkey nuts, peanuts are actually legumes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.