One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A building or enclosure in a zoo in which monkeys are kept.‘she is the senior keeper at the Bronx Zoo's monkey house’
- ‘I bet the expression on their faces is like the faces of people looking into the monkey house at the zoo.’
- ‘The scientists put several computers in the monkey house of the local zoo to test their theory.’
- ‘I went into the monkey house and I stopped in front of the orang-utans.’
- ‘Working here is like working in the monkey house in a zoo.’
- ‘As we came in, we saw a family with several screaming children go into the monkey house.’
- ‘They watch the "clowns of the zoo" in the monkey house.’
- ‘Nearly every man, woman and child of this crowd made for the monkey house to see the star attraction in the park.’
- ‘In the monkey house I took a snap of this cheeky chappy.’
- ‘It was like a monkey house, and the head monkeys were snooty intellectuals with an axe to grind.’
- ‘Sow bugs form hordes in the warm, smelly monkey house where golden lion tamarins live.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.