A plant of boggy ground, having yellow or red flowers which resemble snapdragons.
- ‘Flowering vines twisting up the cage, and colonies of monkey flower nearby, add charm to the scene.’
- ‘This incredibly beautiful desert wouldn't be complete without its gardens of cactus, black brush, yucca, monkey flower, Easter flowers and ferns.’
- ‘Tiny lavender monkey flowers, purple and yellow New England asters, and blue-stem prairie grass are thriving between two mounds of refuse blanketed with scrub grass and cattails.’
- ‘Many others happily adapt to a regular garden irrigation regime: coral bells, monkey flowers, wild strawberry, Western columbine, and wild ginger are examples.’
- ‘For instance, hummingbirds are attracted to coral bells and columbine in spring, scarlet monkey flower and salvia in summer, and California fuchsia in late summer and fall.’