One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small shiny black spider which is supposed to bring financial luck.
- ‘When we were in the stalls I saw this money spider coming down my horse's neck.’
- ‘It's only about half a centimetre long, so it's the scorpion equivalent of a money spider, and as such may not be at the very top of the ‘most deadly’ list.’
- ‘I used to be scared of pretty much all spiders (with the exceptions of money spiders, and those odd little red things about the size of a speck of dust).’
- ‘Tiny ones like money spiders that come in the house I can swish out with a broom because I don't like to kill them.’
- ‘And we're not talking about little money spiders either were talking huge great big ones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.