Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The trade in short-term loans between banks and other financial institutions.[as modifier] ‘money-market deposits’
stock exchange, money market, bourseView synonyms
- ‘Current money market rates are regularly quoted in the financial press.’
- ‘International money market managers and investment banks went on a lending binge from 1993 to 1996.’
- ‘Consequently, this will reinforce the lowering of the interest rate in the money market by the central bank.’
- ‘The cash rate is the interest rate which applies to trading between financial institutions on the overnight money market.’
- ‘You pick up an extra point of yield switching from a money-market fund to a short-term bond fund.’
- ‘If that level ever equals zero, put all your assets in a Treasury money market fund and sleep well.’
- ‘A typical money market fund will invest in fixed deposits, other high income earning securities and to a lesser extent in bonds.’
- ‘Deciding how to choose the right stock, mutual fund, or even a money market account is also a challenge.’
- ‘This is seen as a move by the central bank to control the money market and excess speculative activity in the forex market.’
- ‘That said, most funds adopt a specific investment philosophy that relates to a particular money market instrument.’
- ‘A money market fund's net asset value is also determined at the end of each day.’
- ‘It is never a bad idea to keep a portion of your invested assets in cash, or short-term money-market securities.’
- ‘In general, as long as the bonds earn more than a money market rate - plus expenses - the funds can best the index.’
- ‘You can stash your IRA contribution in a money market fund and decide how to invest it later, Carney says.’
- ‘The Reserve Bank is a regulatory body, not a money market dealer.’
- ‘The major money market mutual funds also deserve consideration as a possible crisis shelter for funds.’
- ‘The money market earns higher interest rates than their savings bank and credit union accounts.’
- ‘Rates on bank CDs and money market mutual funds, which follow short-term interest rates, fell, too.’
- ‘It will also infuriate the rating agencies like nothing else, and, of course if would spoil all the fun for the money market speculators.’
- ‘Think of the dividend yield just like the yield on your money market account or CD.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.