One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose business was the exchanging of one currency for another.
- ‘There are money changers everywhere but exchange rates are often best in the banks and you can withdraw cash from ATMs.’
- ‘Some accounts say that Thabit was a money changer as a young man.’
- ‘I will be having dinner with Kim and then we are going off to the money changer for some currency swop.’
- ‘The practices of the unscrupulous money changers stand indicted in the court of public opinion rejected by the minds and hearts of men.’
- ‘The friendly bank staff directed us to their favourite money changer, at that time lolling around on the steps outside the bank.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.