One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the Mon or their language.See also Mon-Khmer
- ‘Malay, Mon, and Khmer civilizations flourished in the region prior to the arrival of the ethnic Tai.’
- ‘Halted in its southward move by the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea, Burmese encountered the Mon language.’
- ‘It documented accounts of 43 crimes against women from the Karen, Karenni, Mon, and Tavoyan groups as well as the Shans.’
- ‘Today the Mons have no independent political status and the Mon language is dying out.’
- ‘This island is home to a community of Mon people who came here from their homeland in the river Kwai valley north of Kanchanaburi.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.