One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The guys were strangely subdued, given the momentousness of the occasion.’
- ‘His later output as a painter does not compare in momentousness with his pre-war work, but it remained prodigious in terms of sheer quantity.’
- ‘It is impossible to overstate the momentousness of such events, and yet they have fallen into a shadowy disregard, eclipsed by recent history.’
- ‘He didn't seem to care what he published - the act of publication was no longer invested for him with any momentousness.’
- ‘‘Yes,’ said the delicate boy, fingers touching his lips as the momentousness of his confession struck home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.