Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A quantity expressing a body's tendency to resist angular acceleration, which is the sum of the products of the mass of each particle in the body with the square of its distance from the axis of rotation.→ inertia
- ‘If the weight is concentrated in the center of the ball, it will have a low mass moment of inertia.’
- ‘Even if you assume the weight does not change, the moments of inertia will increase as size increases.’
- ‘The asymmetry of water and ozone molecules causes the moments of inertia that govern the quanta of rotational motion to be different in each spatial direction.’
- ‘For each segment, it is necessary to measure the mass, center of mass, moment of inertia, initial position and initial angular velocity.’
- ‘The model factored in the contributions of the ground reaction force, mass moment of inertia of the shank and foot segments, and the brace valgus load.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.