Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Women's jeans of a style regarded as unfashionable or unflattering.‘just because you're 40+, it doesn't mean you have to start walking around in mom jeans’
- ‘Look closely and you can see his arm, but the rest of him has been cropped out in favor of Jessica and her dreadful mom jeans.’
- ‘When even mum jeans didn't fit me in a size bigger than my usual, I had little option but to cry myself thin in the changing rooms.’
- ‘Waist bags aren't just meant to be paired with mum jeans and tourist t-shirts anymore.’
- ‘Unfairly maligned as 'mum jeans', the boot cut is fighting back.’
- ‘Patterned midrise jeggings are hardly 'mum jeans', they're bang on trend.’
- ‘I finally got her out of her tapered-legged, too-short mom jeans.’
- ‘I weighed close to 200 pounds, and I was afraid I'd be wearing mom jeans for the rest of my life.’
- ‘She may be a loving wife and mother but her matronly style of floral shirts and mom jeans is embarrassing her family.’
- ‘A woman in a leopard-print anorak and elastic-waisted mum jeans stepped through the door.’
- ‘Don't expect to see her in the dreaded mom jeans anytime soon.’
- ‘We really don't want a return to mom jeans.’
- ‘Let's face it, if she looks bad in mum jeans, so will the rest of us.’
- ‘She's worried that she's fat and she's never gonna fit into anything but mom jeans.’
- ‘Showing some modicum of modesty, she paired the look with baggy mom jeans.’
- ‘Though she's costumed in mom jeans and comfortable shoes, she's at her most thrilling.’
- ‘I have resigned myself to miserable shopping experiences picking through the plus size racks of hideously ugly mom jeans.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.