One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The complexities of mollification, compensation and reconciliation can often be dealt with outside this theatrical space.’
- ‘It brings us back to the heightened state of narcissistic injury, which brooks no logic, reason or mollification.’
- ‘Many feminists have argued that this particular crime has long been viewed as a ‘bounty’ of war and a means of ‘troop mollification.’’
- ‘Well, he said, ‘Just do your best’, which is a mollification of ‘Try the truth’.’
- ‘Despite Berlin's prompt denials and attempts at mollification, he has opened up a veritable Pandora's box that cannot be closed again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.