One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It brings us back to the heightened state of narcissistic injury, which brooks no logic, reason or mollification.’
- ‘Many feminists have argued that this particular crime has long been viewed as a ‘bounty’ of war and a means of ‘troop mollification.’’
- ‘Despite Berlin's prompt denials and attempts at mollification, he has opened up a veritable Pandora's box that cannot be closed again.’
- ‘Well, he said, ‘Just do your best’, which is a mollification of ‘Try the truth’.’
- ‘The complexities of mollification, compensation and reconciliation can often be dealt with outside this theatrical space.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.