One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for relative molecular mass
- ‘The ethyl group has a greater molecular weight than the smallest alkyl radical which is the methyl group.’
- ‘Although this is adequate for some common proteins, it is useless for, say, enzyme complexes that commonly have molecular weights of 5 MDa or more.’
- ‘Milk protein, or casein, is a mixture of molecules with molecular weights ranging from 75,000 to 375,000 daltons (amu).’
- ‘During these reactions, they are chemically linked forming macromolecules, or polymers, which have large molecular weights.’
- ‘Alcohols and ethers having higher molecular weights do not dissolve well in water, however, because the water molecules can not completely surround those molecules.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.