Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for relative molecular mass
- ‘During these reactions, they are chemically linked forming macromolecules, or polymers, which have large molecular weights.’
- ‘The ethyl group has a greater molecular weight than the smallest alkyl radical which is the methyl group.’
- ‘Alcohols and ethers having higher molecular weights do not dissolve well in water, however, because the water molecules can not completely surround those molecules.’
- ‘Milk protein, or casein, is a mixture of molecules with molecular weights ranging from 75,000 to 375,000 daltons (amu).’
- ‘Although this is adequate for some common proteins, it is useless for, say, enzyme complexes that commonly have molecular weights of 5 MDa or more.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.