Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for relative molecular mass
- ‘During these reactions, they are chemically linked forming macromolecules, or polymers, which have large molecular weights.’
- ‘Although this is adequate for some common proteins, it is useless for, say, enzyme complexes that commonly have molecular weights of 5 MDa or more.’
- ‘The ethyl group has a greater molecular weight than the smallest alkyl radical which is the methyl group.’
- ‘Milk protein, or casein, is a mixture of molecules with molecular weights ranging from 75,000 to 375,000 daltons (amu).’
- ‘Alcohols and ethers having higher molecular weights do not dissolve well in water, however, because the water molecules can not completely surround those molecules.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.