One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of biology that deals with the structure and function of the macromolecules (e.g. proteins and nucleic acids) essential to life.
- ‘At this level of inquiry, psychology, neuroscience, and molecular biology closely interact.’
- ‘In many cases, these mutants are characterized with regard to phenotype, physiology and molecular biology.’
- ‘His research focuses on plant molecular biology, genetics, and bioinformatics.’
- ‘In the fall, Juliet plans to study biochemistry, molecular biology, and environmental science.’
- ‘The book is set out with the chapters concerning genomics and molecular biology at the beginning, and those covering physiology at the end.’
- ‘There has been an explosion in our understanding of the biology and molecular biology of lung cancer over the past decade.’
- ‘Modern molecular biology and biotechnology are hugely dependent on an underlying understanding of chemistry.’
- ‘The combination of Darwinism and molecular biology has created the orthodoxy known as neo-Darwinism.’
- ‘With the emergence of molecular biology and genetics, these two points of view have become ever more synthesized.’
- ‘During the past two decades, we have witnessed exponential growth in the fields of genetics and molecular biology.’
- ‘The characterization of the protein folding process represents one of the major challenges in molecular biology.’
- ‘Researchers have turned to the science of molecular biology in an attempt to decipher this complex problem.’
- ‘It has become an integral and essential element of biotechnology and molecular biology, transforming the very way in which modern biology is conducted.’
- ‘His work utilizes techniques from membrane biophysics and cell and molecular biology.’
- ‘This work now involves electron microscopy and comparative molecular biology to estimate relationships.’
- ‘Modulating gene expression and exploring gene function are major aims in molecular biology.’
- ‘A central paradigm of molecular biology is that a protein's structure is determined by its amino acid sequence.’
- ‘Bacteriophages have served as an historical centerpiece in the development of molecular biology.’
- ‘It's true that subjects like organic chemistry and molecular biology are notably non-mathematical.’
- ‘The integration of molecular biology and paleontology can address many large-scale questions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.