One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Instead of dealing with the volume of the solution or solvent, molality is concerned with the mass of solution or solvent.’
- ‘If the solvent used is water the molarity and the molality are essentially the same.’
- ‘The latter three properties are directly proportional to the molality of the dissolved solute, which is defined as the number of moles of solute per kilogram of solvent.’
- ‘It may be shown that the use of molality corrects for molecular volumes, but not for excluded volumes.’
- ‘An electrolyte's ionic strength is half of the total obtained by multiplying the molality of each ion by its valence squared.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.