One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The latter three properties are directly proportional to the molality of the dissolved solute, which is defined as the number of moles of solute per kilogram of solvent.’
- ‘It may be shown that the use of molality corrects for molecular volumes, but not for excluded volumes.’
- ‘Instead of dealing with the volume of the solution or solvent, molality is concerned with the mass of solution or solvent.’
- ‘An electrolyte's ionic strength is half of the total obtained by multiplying the molality of each ion by its valence squared.’
- ‘If the solvent used is water the molarity and the molality are essentially the same.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.