Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a solution) containing one mole of solute per kilogram of solvent.
- ‘The section on the interconversion of molal and molar solutions needs to be reworded.’
- ‘The osmolal concentration of TEG and MG were calculated from the dependence of their osmotic pressure on molal concentration.’
- ‘As such a one molal solution has one mole dissolved in 2.205 lb of solution.’
- ‘If 1kg of solvent has two moles of solute dissolved in it than it is a 2 molal solution.’
- ‘Calibration of the instruments was carried out with 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, and 0.9 molal NaCl solutions of known water potential at 25°C.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.