Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Make (something, especially the skin) less dry.‘revitalize your face, moisturize your skin’‘most shaving products now contain moisturizing properties’
moisturizing, palliative, balsamicView synonyms
- ‘We all need ways to protect and moisturize our skin, so it can look fresh no matter what the weather is like outside.’
- ‘Water moisturizes the skin, preserves its elasticity and pumps up those skin cells, which all makes your skin soft and supple.’
- ‘Omegas help moisturize the skin at exceptional levels.’
- ‘Combination skin looks best with new advanced formulations designed to moisturize dry parts and absorb oil in shiny areas.’
- ‘It's essential to moisturize baby's delicate skin to protect it and prevent chapping, especially in cold, dry weather.’
- ‘Plain yogurt on a burn helps moisturize the skin and cool the heat.’
- ‘Honey moisturizes the skin and removes wrinkles.’
- ‘This light product softens, strengthens and moisturizes both relaxed and natural hair.’
- ‘For those of you with extra-sensitive skin, I recommend that you apply another cream to moisturize your skin, specifically one that won't clog your pores.’
- ‘Facial wax should be very mild and made with natural ingredients that calm and moisturize the skin, such as lavender essential oil.’
- ‘These sebaceous glands normally produce sebum, a substance which moisturizes the skin.’
- ‘Now Western women are flocking to perfumeries and department stores looking for the same shea butter to smooth wrinkles, soften heels and moisturise hair.’
- ‘Lightly spray this leave-in Conditioner on wet or dry hair before bed, and the wheat amino acids will help soften and moisturize your locks - while you snooze.’
- ‘It will moisturise your skin, soften it, and form a protective barrier against pollution and sun damage.’
- ‘A few drops of jojoba oil applied directly to the affected area will also give relief and help to moisturise the skin..’
- ‘Today pure essential oils are being used for natural skin care products, and their unique qualities are ideal for cleansing, toning and moisturising the skin.’
- ‘Many of today's over-the-counter skin creams and lotions promise to do more than moisturize the skin.’
- ‘Every few days, I have to soften up my feet, exfoliate and moisturise my whole body and find time for a face pack.’
- ‘It's important to moisturize your skin from the inside to keep the inner layers of the skin from drying out and to provide necessary nutrients to the surface.’
- ‘An after sun cream will cool overheated skin, moisturise dehydrated skin, and help prevent peeling, so you keep the colour even longer.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.