One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
dampen, wet, damp, dew, water, soak, irrigate, humidifyView synonyms
- ‘Before him stood a decanter of port, as if to moistify his meditations.’
- ‘She planted potatoes last week and has been praying for a mizzle to moistify her garden.’
- ‘Soul and body were moistified with whiskey toddy.’
- ‘Oft he moistified his skin in jolly Ruixton's little inn.’
- ‘I spent the neight wi the dying mon; an' helpit Benedict to watch, an' to muve him, an' to moistify his mouth wi a wee drap water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.