One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Puerto Rican dish of deep-fried green plantains mashed together with other ingredients such as pork or seafood.‘shrimp mofongo with a side of seasonal sauteed veggies’
- ‘Go with mofongo, a large fried plantain-based, garlicky mash that's the island's signature side dish.’
- ‘I'll have mofongo with chicharron and red bean sauce.’
- ‘What's the gravy with the mofongo?’
- ‘Next came mofongo in a timbale of mashed plantains with breadfruit crisp.’
- ‘This implosion is a rethinking of the structure of mofongo by pairing it with an island fruit, a variation which lightens the otherwise very starchy plaintain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.