One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At this point, however, the quartet was wandering in a perfumed garden of psychedelic modishness, and all the better for it.’
- ‘Symphony No 5 dates from 1923-4, is the most extended in its quintet of movements, and is a thoroughly convincing rejection of post-war modishness.’
- ‘Second, for all the faux modishness of recent years, football supporters remain tribal.’
- ‘In an outmoded attempt at modishness, the play moves backward in time, though moving forward it would have proved just as backward.’
- ‘Excessive deference to European modishness can be passed off as many things but not as US constitutional law.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.