One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of adapting something to modern needs or habits.‘the industry is undergoing modernization’count noun ‘kitchen and bathroom modernizations’
- ‘The casino boss is embroiled in his own struggle against modernization.’
- ‘Embedded in this way of doing art history, is an ideological text wherein the wounds of modernization are healed by the subliminal operation of cultural memory.’
- ‘It ends optimistically with the message that modernization will succeed.’
- ‘Perhaps the mistake is to think that modernization necessarily equals high-rise architecture.’
- ‘The most difficult aspect of the project was to make the modernization nearly invisible within the historic fabric.’
- ‘Modernism in the simplest terms would be modernization of our life or of society.’
- ‘By tying to reach a level of Western-oriented modernization, we are destroying the continuity of our own tradition.’
- ‘The exhibition contains various photographic reports of the incomplete nature of global modernization.’
- ‘These issues concern land and hunting rights, commercial exploitation, and the negative impact of modernization and integration on their culture.’
- ‘Wresting a few coals from the fires of modernization, it suggests a way modern audio-visual technologies can link the past with the homogenizing present.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.