One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The form of the Greek language that is currently used, as opposed to ancient Greek.‘I do speak and read modern Greek’
- ‘Already fluent in Italian and ancient Greek, he mastered also modern Greek.’
- ‘Dozens of theater companies in Athens, Thessaloniki, and other areas, perform contemporary works and ancient dramas in modern Greek.’
- ‘Euripides's drama was adapted into modern Greek by K. X. Myris.’
- ‘Dawkins was a great scholar of modern Greek language and literature.’
- ‘In the intervening years, she had a career in academia, lecturing in ancient and modern Greek at both Oxford and Cambridge.’
- ‘During the war he served in north Africa, Italy, and Macedonia, where he learned modern Greek.’
- ‘She is also learning modern Greek.’
- ‘In modern Greek, kairos means simply "weather ".’
- ‘He has been teaching courses in modern Greek since 1986.’
- ‘His enduring achievement was his part in the re-establishment of modern Greek as a language of scholarship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.