One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The form of the Greek language that is currently used, as opposed to ancient Greek.‘I do speak and read modern Greek’
- ‘In modern Greek, kairos means simply "weather ".’
- ‘In the intervening years, she had a career in academia, lecturing in ancient and modern Greek at both Oxford and Cambridge.’
- ‘He has been teaching courses in modern Greek since 1986.’
- ‘Dawkins was a great scholar of modern Greek language and literature.’
- ‘Euripides's drama was adapted into modern Greek by K. X. Myris.’
- ‘Dozens of theater companies in Athens, Thessaloniki, and other areas, perform contemporary works and ancient dramas in modern Greek.’
- ‘She is also learning modern Greek.’
- ‘His enduring achievement was his part in the re-establishment of modern Greek as a language of scholarship.’
- ‘Already fluent in Italian and ancient Greek, he mastered also modern Greek.’
- ‘During the war he served in north Africa, Italy, and Macedonia, where he learned modern Greek.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.