One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Art of a style marked by a significant departure from traditional styles and values, in particular that created between the late 19th and the late 20th centuries.‘she had a strong interest in modern art’‘New York's Museum of Modern Art’
- ‘He thought that modern art, with its emphasis on colour and individual expression, spelt social decadence.’
- ‘This painting represents a revolutionary breakthrough in the history of modern art.’
- ‘The Whitechapel continues to be one of the country's leading venues for exhibitions of modern art.’
- ‘Tate Liverpool continues to be the most visited modern art gallery in the UK, outside London.’
- ‘Much of his writing was devoted to modern art.’
- ‘Much of the fascination of early modern art, literature, and music lies in the double-edged nature of their aesthetic.’
- ‘The technical quality of the work is outstanding and the result is a powerful and stunning collection of modern art.’
- ‘Born in Rio de Janeiro, he was a pioneer of modern art in his country.’
- ‘He first came into contact with modern art movements through the Blaue Reiter and the Sturm exhibitions in Berlin.’
- ‘It is considered by many to be one of the best modern art museums in the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.