One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Art of a style marked by a significant departure from traditional styles and values, in particular that created between the late 19th and the late 20th centuries.‘she had a strong interest in modern art’‘New York's Museum of Modern Art’
- ‘The Whitechapel continues to be one of the country's leading venues for exhibitions of modern art.’
- ‘He first came into contact with modern art movements through the Blaue Reiter and the Sturm exhibitions in Berlin.’
- ‘He thought that modern art, with its emphasis on colour and individual expression, spelt social decadence.’
- ‘Born in Rio de Janeiro, he was a pioneer of modern art in his country.’
- ‘The technical quality of the work is outstanding and the result is a powerful and stunning collection of modern art.’
- ‘It is considered by many to be one of the best modern art museums in the world.’
- ‘This painting represents a revolutionary breakthrough in the history of modern art.’
- ‘Much of his writing was devoted to modern art.’
- ‘Tate Liverpool continues to be the most visited modern art gallery in the UK, outside London.’
- ‘Much of the fascination of early modern art, literature, and music lies in the double-edged nature of their aesthetic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.