One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for near gale
- ‘In squally weather or even in moderate gales, you have a broad range of choices to keep the boat under control.’
- ‘The gradient between these two systems continued generating moderate gales with wind confirmed at 35-45 kts over a moderate area aimed northeast in the Tasman Sea.’
- ‘Much of the region is still under the influence of strong breezes or moderate gales, and the temperature is still falling, the bureau said.’
- ‘The winds vary from a gentle breeze to a moderate gale and we continue to sail WSW, covering on average 4 leagues in each four-hour shift.’
- ‘Sometimes we have had moderate gale straight from the bows, sometimes winds straight from the stern.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.