One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Malleable clay used for making three-dimensional models.‘bring your own drawing materials or modelling clay’
- ‘In his workshop, the figure of a four-foot archer is disintegrating into pieces of modelling clay on the floor.’
- ‘Becca was free to indulge her creativity, not only with the crayons and modelling clay that children are generally familiar with, but also with oil paints and canvas.’
- ‘Some students have been making wacky farmyard animals out of modelling clay, which will be out on display.’
- ‘The result is a relatively stable, solid explosive with a consistency similar to modelling clay.’
- ‘Equipped with a cine camera, modelling clay and a quiet working space you can produce your own animated films.’
- ‘You may wish to add a small blob of modelling clay to help secure the mast.’
- ‘You will need: cocktail sticks, paper, sticky tape, felt-tipped pens, scissors and modelling clay (optional).’
- ‘Zack and I spent last evening making modelling clay figures at the kitchen table.’
- ‘Another boy worked with his grandma on a fish smoking shed, creating endless numbers of kippers out of modelling clay.’
- ‘He began carving in wood and modelling clay at school and became the first student of sculpture at Leeds School of Art in 1919.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.