One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The doctrine that the persons of the Trinity represent only three modes or aspects of the divine revelation, not distinct and coexisting parts of the divine nature.
- ‘It should be done, however, in a way that does not lead to modalism.’
- ‘According to modalism, God is one single entity, object, or substance, and each person of the Trinty is simply a mode or a ‘way in which the one divine substance manifests itself.’’
- ‘He uses metaphors and illustrations that confuse the persons of the Trinity and describes God's being as changing, over time, from one divine person to another (an idea known as modalism or patripassionism).’
- ‘Or, to paraphrase what he was saying: this isn't about realism or anti-realism, it isn't about nominalism, nihilism, modalism, nor pluralism; it isn't about being a subjectivist or an objectivist.’
The use of modal melodies and harmonies.
- ‘When taken to America, however, the form was enhanced by an injection of the modalism of folksong.’
- ‘The themes are more folk-influenced without being folky - the diatonicism and modalism of folk music, rather than actual tunes or attempts to write them.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.