One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The changing rays and shifting mock suns may have arisen from sheets of falling ice crystals of different geometries..’
- ‘Haloes may be accompanied by a whole array of circumzenithal arcs and parhelion (mock suns).’
- ‘It is only when the Sun is on the horizon that we get the mock suns exactly on the 22-degree halo.’
- ‘If you see mock suns or the 22 degree halo around the sun always look directly overhead to the zenith.’
- ‘You just might see a sun dog, or even a super-display of mock suns like those seen from Tuba City in 1926.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.