One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for motion capture
- ‘One of the key responsibilities for this position is to assist and to eventually run a mocap shoot.’
- ‘The production team tested a new, integrated version of mocap called performance capture.’
- ‘One booth was filming two women dancing in mocap suits and displaying animations of their movements in real time.’
- ‘Mocap is just a technique - as imperfect as the next and only as good as the person using it.’
- ‘I spent a lot of time acting and directing some pretty cool mocap for the game.’
- ‘Today, mocap has expanded into actors no longer wearing wetsuit-like skins, but simply recorded in a seemingly normal way.’
- ‘Just as with mocap, a cyber-scan of the actor was first entered into the computer.’
- ‘We are looking at all levels from entry to very experienced but the candidate would benefit from previous mocap experience.’
- ‘He also worked as the martial arts instructor for the motion capture stuntmen and even did some mocap himself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.