One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Rule or domination by the masses.‘the court will never permit mobocracy to overwhelm the law of the land’count noun ‘will mobocracies emerge to replace the old despots?’
lawlessness, absence of government, nihilism, revolution, insurrection, riot, rebellion, mutiny, disorder, disorganization, misrule, chaos, tumult, turmoil, mayhem, pandemoniumView synonyms
- ‘We have only the permission for that use and disposal, and then only so long as we dutifully serve the reigning mobocracy in the manner it deems desirable.’
- ‘Sharp countered this, but others reacted by opposing the coming convention, saying it would promote mobocracy.’
- ‘The mobocracy rules the biggest nation in the name of democracy.’
- ‘The government has failed, police has failed, intelligence has failed and mobocracy is ruling the roost.’
- ‘This is, after all, a democracy and not a mobocracy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.