One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large vehicle that travels around to allow people in smaller or more remote communities to borrow books.‘a mobile library comes once a month from Carlisle’
- ‘Each school received two mobile libraries, each containing 100 books.’
- ‘Books, tapes and videos can be borrowed from the mobile library.’
- ‘The new state-of-the-art mobile libraries reflect our position as the leading council in the country for library services.’
- ‘While the library is closed, residents will be able to use a mobile library.’
- ‘All other libraries and the mobile library will be open as normal.’
- ‘The mobile library provides a fine service to many parts of the county.’
- ‘The mobile library stops in many areas where there isn't a library.’
- ‘I think the mobile library provides a good service, but needs more new books.’
- ‘It is difficult to sit down in a mobile library and read the books.’
- ‘I use my mobile library when it calls every two weeks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.