One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A body of open water, in particular the sea.‘I've been proud to be involved in defending our moana from industrial overfishing and pirate vessels’
- ‘The colonising heritage took from our people their land, their moana, with overt violence in the 19th century.’
- ‘With the title taken from a song many learn as children, "One day a taniwha went swimming in the moana," there are no prizes for guessing who the prime audience for this show.’
- ‘We deplore the actions of industrialised countries that pollute and desecrate our Oceania, our Moana.’
- ‘The aim was to "protect moana using all available methods".’
- ‘We did not know how to find him, out here on the vast moana, so far from his homeland.’
- ‘I'm asking Cook Islanders, friends and ocean lovers to sign the petition and make your voice heard for the future of our moana.’
- ‘The moana connects whanau across the Pacific and for thousands of years one tradition has laid the foundation for the cultures and lives on the islands: Ocean Voyaging.’
- ‘When he visits my moana this summer, we will still drive down the beach and enjoy it as every other New Zealander would.’
- ‘He believed that the company would inevitably destroy the moana.’
- ‘It is unacceptable for these companies to leave their rubbish floating in our moana.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.