One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A body of open water, in particular the sea.‘I've been proud to be involved in defending our moana from industrial overfishing and pirate vessels’
- ‘The colonising heritage took from our people their land, their moana, with overt violence in the 19th century.’
- ‘With the title taken from a song many learn as children, "One day a taniwha went swimming in the moana," there are no prizes for guessing who the prime audience for this show.’
- ‘I'm asking Cook Islanders, friends and ocean lovers to sign the petition and make your voice heard for the future of our moana.’
- ‘The moana connects whanau across the Pacific and for thousands of years one tradition has laid the foundation for the cultures and lives on the islands: Ocean Voyaging.’
- ‘It is unacceptable for these companies to leave their rubbish floating in our moana.’
- ‘We deplore the actions of industrialised countries that pollute and desecrate our Oceania, our Moana.’
- ‘He believed that the company would inevitably destroy the moana.’
- ‘We did not know how to find him, out here on the vast moana, so far from his homeland.’
- ‘The aim was to "protect moana using all available methods".’
- ‘When he visits my moana this summer, we will still drive down the beach and enjoy it as every other New Zealander would.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.