One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘From the fifth century B.C. through the eighteenth century, Western cultures produced and consumed collective memory with the aid of mnemonists who worked in mnemonic theaters.’
- ‘You will find the same table and hints in many different places, as it is essentially public knowledge among mnemonists.’
- ‘Lia is almost a mnemonist and is able to recall every pot that she's ever looked and every catalog or book that she's read dealing with porcelain.’
- ‘True mnemonists, or memorists have the ability to remember lists of words, number or pictures as an involuntary act.’
- ‘For example, mnemonists with exceptional memory for numbers have near normal memory for letters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.