Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[usually treated as singular] The study and development of systems for improving and assisting the memory.
- ‘His interests then turned to publications on mnemonics, which he collected and donated to the University of San Marino.’
- ‘In short, mnemonics and rote memory aren't the only way to learn.’
- ‘Bruno then travelled to Toulouse in France, where he lectured on Aristotle's De anima and wrote a book on mnemonics - systems of memory training.’
- ‘But evolutionary trends are post hoc constructs akin to mnemonics.’
- ‘Read the rest of this fascinating profile and I suspect that, like me, you'll come away with an appreciation of Card and a desire to learn more about the Riccian method of mnemonics.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.