One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In such works as the Homeric epics, stock formulas served to maintain the rhythm of the verse and were mnemonically useful for performers and listeners alike.’
- ‘One is the dual coding hypothesis that imaginal and verbal codes are mnemonically independent and, therefore, additive in their effects on item memory.’
- ‘Yes, that spells CAMP for you mnemonically disposed readers.’
- ‘The author offers one particularly intriguing example of how this sort of mnemonically based representation could include activities that modern scholars would describe as portrait making.’
- ‘I often felt he was treating readers as if they had almost no attention span or were mnemonically challenged.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.