One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An online video game which can be played by a very large number of people simultaneously.‘a well-made fantasy MMO’as modifier ‘an MMO gamer’
- ‘I like that we're not so forced into certain roles as we are in some other MMOs, but I can't see where the gameplay itself is all that innovative.’
- ‘Combining a simple user interface with action-packed gameplay, this game is sure to be a blast no matter what kind of MMO player you are!’
- ‘The free-to-play MMO isn't expected for another year at the earliest.’
- ‘If you ask me, this is still the best superhero MMO available today.’
- ‘If you're an MMO nut looking for a mouse to take your gaming skills to the next level, this is ideal.’
- ‘His mission has been to create an addictive MMO (or two) that has the pick-up-put-down rhythm of a casual game.’
- ‘Designing an MMO world where players can explore vertically is definitely a challenge.’
- ‘This is the latest addition, and like all expansion packs—especially ones for long-running MMOs—the content is geared towards more experienced players.’
- ‘The result is a game that feels like an established MMO straight out the box, complete with achievements, guilds, auction houses, and battlegrounds.’
- ‘For those who enjoy MMOs, there's a fairly limited selection of types to explore.’
- ‘Since the game is both free and available on your browser, the only reason you might want to avoid it is that it can be just as addictive as the best of other MMO games.’
- ‘MMO raiding has grown into a science.’
- ‘Combat action in an MMO is so different to combat in a first-person shooter.’
- ‘This game is shaping up to be an MMO like no other.’
- ‘We think that the only way to compete in the MMO market is by taking risks.’
- ‘It's definitely getting a lot of buzz, and it seems like an altogether well-made fantasy MMO.’
- ‘I'm not sure MMOs are inherently more addictive.’
- ‘I've tried MMOs before, and been thoroughly bored by the monotony that appears prevalent.’
Early 21st century: short for massively multiplayer online (game); see also MMOG.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.