One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Oriental rape of a variety with finely cut leaves that are eaten in salads.
Brassica rapa variety nipposinica, family Cruciferae
- ‘For a mild mix, combine familiar types of leaf lettuce with greens such as mizuna, purslane, mache and chervil.’
- ‘One of the quintessentially British items recently pushed from salad bowls brimming with rocket and mizuna is watercress.’
- ‘Add porcinis, mizuna and poached eggs and remove from heat.’
- ‘In Tenerife they concentrate on salad leaves such as mizuna, ruby chard, rocket and red mustard.’
- ‘The trouble with meatballs, however, is that there are rarely any leftovers - which is more than can be said for mizuna and pomegranate salad with braised pork belly, enoki mushrooms and miso.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.