One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electric food mixer or blender.
- ‘There is the usual fare of electronic equipment like mixies, ovens, chapatti makers, water purifiers and electric chimneys.’
- ‘Some sugar, some milk, some mixie and some freezer did the trick.’
- ‘What about leaky pipes, ‘mixies’ of poor quality, and other branded items that stop working in their warranty period?’
- ‘To the scraped coconut, add the warm water and grind it in the mixie.’
- ‘Every one of them also stocks the Ultra grinder and the Preethi and Sumeet mixies, but none of these white goods carries a guarantee, because of no service centres being available.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.