One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electric food mixer or blender.
- ‘Some sugar, some milk, some mixie and some freezer did the trick.’
- ‘There is the usual fare of electronic equipment like mixies, ovens, chapatti makers, water purifiers and electric chimneys.’
- ‘To the scraped coconut, add the warm water and grind it in the mixie.’
- ‘Every one of them also stocks the Ultra grinder and the Preethi and Sumeet mixies, but none of these white goods carries a guarantee, because of no service centres being available.’
- ‘What about leaky pipes, ‘mixies’ of poor quality, and other branded items that stop working in their warranty period?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.