One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tap through which both hot and cold water can be drawn at the same time by means of separate controls.
- ‘The sink also has another hi-tech feature: a mixer tap with a built-in thermometer.’
- ‘So I am going to have to fit a cheap temporary set of mixer taps for now so the project can proceed.’
- ‘High pressure chrome mixer taps will be fitted in the bathrooms, while there will also be extensive tiling and a pumped high pressure water system.’
- ‘It became a £385 bathroom by the time we got new mixer taps to replace the non mixer tap that came with it.’
- ‘A mixer tap on the shower allows me to turn off the water whilst shampooing, then immediately restore it at the same temperature.’
- ‘The single mixer tap has been plumbed in nearer to the sink on the left than the sink on the right, with the consequence that the sink on the right is merely ornamental.’
- ‘Recent modern designs include sleek, straight and geometric lines with white remaining the prevalent choice in bathroom furnishings sporting ultra mod bath and basin mixer taps in polished chrome.’
- ‘One resident said she'd found what she thought was a hornet hiding behind the mixer tap in the kitchen.’
- ‘There is also a Belfast-style sink unit with Victorian-style mixer taps.’
- ‘When the plumber fitted the new central heating/water system he fitted a manual shower mixer tap for us.’
- ‘There will be chrome mixer taps and tiling in the bathrooms, while some units will also have power showers.’
- ‘There is a mosaic missing next to hose connector, there is a gap behind the back plate to the mixer tap because the partition is not flat to receive this.’
- ‘It is tiled in white and yellow and contains a panelled bath with fitted mixer taps and a hand held shower attachment.’
- ‘She was not keen on another mixer tap and specifically requested two separate taps.’
- ‘The bedrooms will have television points and ash skirting boards, while the bathrooms will feature ceramic hand basins with chrome mixer taps.’
- ‘If they don't like the food, they tell me about it and they give me a hard time if their hotel does not have a mixer tap for the hot and cold water!’
- ‘Consider whether you want a mixer tap, which will deliver a stream of warm water, or two separate taps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.