One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A commercially prepared mixture of ground spices for cooking, typically including cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- ‘Sift the flour, mixed spice, nutmeg and baking powder together.’
- ‘Combine the butter, sultanas, currants, sugar, mixed spice, cinnamon, ginger, bicarbonate of soda and water in a saucepan.’
- ‘This is a cognac with an enjoyable smell of black pepper, mixed spice and peels, and the palate is tantalised pleasantly by this harmony.’
- ‘Add the flour, mixed spice, cinnamon, butter, egg, sultanas and remaining sugar to the yeast mixture and mix using a knife until a sticky dough forms.’
- ‘Pour the whole bottle of wine into a pan, zest the orange and lemon into it and add the mixed spice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.